So if I could have anything I wanted for Christmas?
- A pair of pink pumps by Betsey Johnson (like I saw this pair at Macy's that were hot pink with white polka dots all over it. they were peep-toe sandals, and had a big bow that went over the top)
- A pink Juicy Couture purse.
- A black Mustang convertable with red or tan interior....OR a baby pink Miata....OMG how cute would that be?
- Some nice sunglasses that could replace my Dolce&Gabbana ones I got in NYC that broke....just for when I don't want to wear my Ray-Bans
- more perfume.....I just got a replenishment of Vera Wang "Princess", but I'm getting low on "Lucky You" by Lucky....
here's the sad thing......honestly, if I could get that sort of stuff for Christmas, THAT's what I want. Like, seriously. Shouldn't I want more important things? Like go "I don't want anything for Christmas. I want to take the money that would be spent on me and sponsor a child in a third world country for 2 months". But honestly? As much as I care about ophans in poverty stricken countries.....Getting a baby pink convertable Miata would make me like a million times happier than donating money to them. I buy a better Christmas present for Operation Christmas Child every year than I get for my own SISTER.
So here's my question. If you've spent you're life saying 'yes' to all the charities that ask you to help because you feel guilty saying 'no', you say 'yes' to all your relatives for the same reason, and you never say 'yes' to yourself because you aren't deserving & in need.....
Is it "grown up" to want to be selfish for once?
No comments:
Post a Comment