Saturday, June 20, 2009

Poker Face

You know what my favorite games are? Clue, Scene It, and Poker.
I think I made my whole family kind of sick of playing Clue, since I played it so much when I was younger. I own the Turner Classic Movies edition of Scene It (I don't think they make it anymore), but I hardly ever get to play. I think people get tired of the fact that even when I haven't seen most of the movies, I somehow end up winning.

Now for Poker. I really do like playing poker. Texas Hold 'em to be more precise. I always need to be reminded of how it works, because I play so rarely. But I've decided that I really want to improve my game and become a pretty good player. So, anyone want to get me poker chips for my birthday?

I've also decided that I like guitar and would love to learn how to play. Though I don't know how successful that venture will be. We have a warped, un-tune-able, un play-able guitar and last night I was playing around with it and accidentally snapped a string. The smallest one, whichever note that is.

Meanwhile I want to just sit down and write a story. That's taking presidence over learning the guitar. Who knows, if I really feel the need to play music, I might start playing my flute again. It's been too long.

So that's it for my pointless ramble of the day. Happy Summer Vacation.

No comments: