June 25th, 2009
I read the news today oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad
Well I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph
He blew his mind out in a car
He didn't notice that the lights had changed
A crowd of people stood and stared
They'd seen his face before
Nobody was really sure
If he was from the House of Lords.
- The Beatles "A Day in the Life"
It feels strange. Those days you're just living your life and all of a sudden you know, this day is going to be written about in history books. It's not like there was a natural disaster or something today. But, here's how my day went:
- This morning, my sister got her driving permit, and she tried driving around in our nieghborhood.
- Then Farrah Fawcett died after a long battle with cancer. Star of Charlie's Angels, gorgeous blonde hair, that everyone copied. Thus having an actual haircut named after her. (how cool is that?)
- Then we started making apple pie.
- Michael Jackson had a heart attack.
- We put the crusts on the pies.
- Michael Jackson was announced dead. King of Pop. Without him, today's artists would be nowhere near where they are. Don't forget to mention dance moves. I mean, Thriller? and He came up with the moonwalk for goodness sake!
Two people who influenced mainstream culture died today.
I still remember when I first heard about Michael Jackson. Random, I know. I was probably about 6 or 7 years old. I don't even remember what my parents were watching, but it was some kind of an awards show, and Michael Jackson preformed. I remember it was a huge deal because he hadn't done a preformance in a really long time or something.
Anyway. Here's to Farrah Fawcett & Michael Jackson.
No comments:
Post a Comment