Have you ever noticed how people only want what they can't have? I want a designer purse, a nice shiny convertable car...but I can't afford them. Of course I really just want purses in general. And I really just want a car that's somewhat cute and is mine. But that doesn't mean that my point isn't valid. Take relationships, for example. Of course the guy I wish I could have is the one that I don't stand a chance with - the one who is way out of my league but somehow always pulls me in - again and again. Sure I like the guy that is obviously into me, he's really nice and fun. However, he's not who I'm extremely attracted to. He's not the one that I hope is calling when my phone starts ringing. I like him, but...
And that makes me wonder. How DOES someone end up with that person? Because it always seems to happen. I guess because the person they feel is out of thier league feels the same. They both think that the other one is better.
But honestly, that doesn't make sense. How could someone so amazing think that you are more amazing than they are? When it doesn't get much better than they are?
I'm the person who always wants a solid answer about things. When I was in math, all of my life, I drove people up the wall by constantly asking, WHY. 'How do you know to do that operation?' 'Why isn't it this way?' 'Why can't I do it this way, if I still get the same answer?'. It's something that I just don't get and is nearly impossible to explain.
So I guess relationships are like that. There's no way for someone to explain to you how you will know when you've met that right person - 'You just know'. So you think it could each person you crush on because you feel differently about each one and think that you might know this time around, until you finally do know who it is, and there is no possible way for you to explain it to someone else besides saying 'you just know'.
Meanwhile, you just about loose your mind wondering if that person feels the same way you do and if they could be the one. After all, you will wander around not knowing, thinking that you might have figured it out, until that moment when you really do know.
No comments:
Post a Comment