So this last weekened I had freshman initiatives for Torrey. I was kind of dreading it, in a way. I mean, it prevented me from going to a country music festival with some of my friends from high school. Not that I would get in trouble for not going to initiatives, but I knew that if I didn't go, I would regret it for the rest of my life. Like how my freshman year of high school, all my friends decided to go shopping at South Coast Plaza this one time, and I didn't go. It was the only time everyone was able to go shopping together and they told me all about it afterwards. I missed out on Miranda being abandoned in the Jimmy Choo store.
Anyway, since freshman initiatives are a one-time deal, I decided to make them a priority.
And we didn't even get locked in a room for 12 hours to work out our issues as was rumored to happen. We did all of these team building activites (I kept thinking of the Psych episode where Gus is trapped on a retreat doing team building activites) but they were really fun. Even when our magic carpet was trapped over a lake of lava...
We didn't even get into a room until around 9:20pm. (Saturday) And then the doors weren't locked. We could come & go as we so desired. And we didn't have to stay until 1am, so we thought, maybe we'll go get ice cream in like 45 minutes, since we don't have any issues...
We finished around 2:30am. Each person in the group said how they percieve themselves in session and then various members of the group would say what they thought about said person.
For example, I would say how I was unsure if anything I said in session was really helpful, and that sometimes what I said just seemed to take up time. Then different people in the group would say what they thought, and offer advice, and encouragement.
It was really great! I learned so much about the other members of my group and I love them all so much. After we were done, we were kinda hungry, so some of us ended up going to Norms.
I didn't get into my room until 5am. and I woke up at 9:30am. (Sunday) Yesterday (Monday) was a lack-of-sleep hangover.
Around 1am (Sunday night) when I couldn't sleep, I was feeling very disoriented and went to roll over, and slammed my head into the brick wall. I had a headache all day yesterday (Monday). And everytime I touch my forehead, it feels like this terrible bruise I got once on my calf from trying to jump on top of the stage in high school and missing. Only you can't see any sign of a bruise on my forehead. And if you could see a bruise, it would be really embarassing.
Plus, my laptop isn't working. It can't start windows. I took it into IT and they looked at it and said it was a software issue, but in order to further diagnose it they would have to take it in and work on it for a while & it'd be like $75. Since I got it at Best Buy & the Geek Squad optimized it, it should be under some kind of a warranty, so they can probably diagnose it for free. For now, I'm on Safe Mode. The sound doesn't even work in safe mode....I find that odd. I think sound is a basic function...but, oh well.
And I had to make an appeal for a ticket campus saftey gave me.
Overall, it was a very long day. I had a break down around 8pm because I was just so tired. I don't even know why I was/am that tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment