Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Childhood Crushes

I know this is totally random, but I was just thinking about who I had crushes on when I was little.

I'm pretty sure my first crush was when I was about 5 on Cary Elwes in The Princess Bride. I typically would comment to my sister how dashing he was.

Of course Aladdin was in there somewhere. I pretty much wanted to be a mix of Belle & Ariel, and end up running off with Aladdin.

Then there was Leonardo DiCaprio, based off commercials for Titanic I saw when I was 7. I named one of the playmobil people after him, and when my sister started to tell my dad what his name was, I interrupted her with "da Vinci!!"

Oh, and Errol Flynn in his Robin Hood movie, along with Clark Gable as Rhett. And Ned Nickerson, even though he's a book character. Michael Jackson. The record cover for Thriller.

To whoever was playing John Smith at Disneyland when I was 6 or 7, thank you for making me visibly have butterflies and blushing, and getting my entire extended family to tease me for the rest of the day.

Who knows why I'm writing this, apart from just feeling like it.

No comments: