Granted, I haven't done nearly everything I wanted to (when do I ever?) but it's been a lovely break none-the-less.
My sister has spent the week in Mexico on a missions trip (she gets back tomorrow night). My local friends pretty much all had last week off. So what did I spend my break doing?
Well, on Saturday, I rode my bike along the boardwalk down to Main St and had breakfast at the Sugar Shack with 2 of my friends (one of whom I hadn't seen since right before we started high school! ha. It was nice to catch up).
Sunday was Easter, and the family all came over for lunch and an egg hunt and decorating Ukrainian Easter eggs.
Monday I re-arranged my room to accommodate the 1940's vanity my mom almost threw out. I have a pic of James Dean taped to the corner of the mirror...so it looks like he's my boyfriend. Not that I'd mind that though. If the year was currently 1955, I wouldn't mind that at all. I wouldn't mind the year being 1955 either.
Wednesday, I went with my grandmother to the Bob Barker Marionette Theater (in LA) with my two 7-yr-old cousins. (who had the most entertaining conversations EVER in the backseat of the car.)
Thursday, in-between one of my friend's classes, we went shopping (she bought me the coolest bracelet ever as a very early birthday gift. It's a Lucky Brand Beatles bracelet. Complete with a Walrus, penny stamped "City of Liverpool, Penny Lane, L18", a street sign reading "Blue Jay Wy 1400 N", and letters made out of stars, spelling out "Beatles")
Then we just went to her house, sat on the back porch in the sun and the sand for like 3 hours, playing with her puppies, saying hi to people we knew on the boardwalk, reading magazines, and watching a drunken fight on the beach. It was wonderful. (non sarcasm)
Saturday morning I'm taking the CBEST.
It's been a week of nothing really, but that's what makes this the best break I've had in a long long time...since before I started high school. The first break that I've actually HAD since before high school.
No comments:
Post a Comment