Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Missing You.

I miss my best friends.

I miss the giggles. I miss constantly finding out that we did the same thing as kids. I miss the hugs. I miss each having one ear-bud in to listen to each other's iPods.

I miss having nicknames for crushes. I miss having crushes.
I miss having back massages in class. I miss having inside jokes.
I miss having whole conversations across the room, without saying a word.

I miss the days before IM-ing, when we would send e-mails back and forth to do our homework together.
I miss the days when we would see each other every day and pass notes in class and doodle all over each other's homework.

I miss staying up all night long together. Planning our futures. Imagining what we would do. Knowing that we would always be best friends.
I miss going on trips together. Taking obnoxious amounts of pictures. Getting hyped over souvenirs. Planning the day we'd travel the world - all three of us.

I miss knowing that they would be there to tell me that it would be all right, that he was a jerk, that I should have won the award...didn't matter if they were right. They were there for me.

I miss knowing that I could say anything, admit anything, confide anything, and they would still love me.

I miss knowing that if I let them near my food, they'd steal it.

I miss knowing that they would also tease me mercilessly,
because they loved me.

One thing I hate about growing up - it scatters your best friends far away.
Skype is not the same and being in the room together.

And I miss my best friends.

No comments: