See, on my mom's side, there are 4 kids, plus their spouses, plus a total of 10 grandkids, plus my grandparents, and sometimes my great aunts (when they're in town). With about 20 birthdays, we've condensed the birthday celebrations into 4 times a year. We celebrate all the spring birthdays together, all the summer birthdays, and so on. So that's what we were doing on Friday.
Then on Saturday, my parents, my sister, and I got up at 6:30 and went up to Burro Canyon to go shooting. This guy from our church has a huge gun collection, and he brings his guns up, and sets up targets, and you can try out all his guns. As long as you reimburse him for the ammo you use (for some guns, that's about $1 per bullet). So I used some pistols, a revolver, rifles, shotguns, an AK-47, and a few other things. It was super fun.
Then I raced back to school and unloaded all my stuff to go out to dinner to celebrate my friend Lydia's birthday. We went to this Turkish restaurant in Anahiem. It was amazing. I can't remember the name of the dish I ordered, but it had pieces of pita bread, topped with beef cooked a certain way, topped with a tomato paste/sauce, and fresh plain yogurt was on the side. It was amazing. And then Pistachio baklava for dessert.
Then, I raced back to Biola, for the Anberlin concert! There were only 2 people between me and the stage.

No comments:
Post a Comment