Tuesday, March 16, 2010

RA Result

March 15th, 2010

Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for applying for the Resident Assistant position at Biola University. We value the vulnerability and risk that you demonstrated throughout the application process. After considering all of the information, I regret to inform you that we will not be offering you an RA position for the 2010-2011 school year.

This was a very difficult decision for us to make as we had many more qualified applicants than we had positions available. It is our hope that you will find other opportunities to use your gifts and talents in the year to come. We trust that God will bless and direct you in your future pursuits.

In His Service,
The Resident Life Staff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm fine with this. I really am. But I guess I'm just...confused. Because I felt so....led. I really felt like God was leading me to apply to be an RA. And He probably was. But I am now wondering why I felt to 'led' to apply and why it seemed like what I was meant to do. Like...what experience or event did I gain?

2 comments:

Sarah Parro said...

Maybe you were led as you feel you were, but maybe what God wants you to learn isn't to be found in becoming an R.A., but in the process of focusing, being confident, applying, and dealing with an unexpected result.

Trust. He's in control, no matter what we feel.

Vanessa said...

Sarah, you have no idea how reassuring that was to hear. <3 Thank you so much. =)