So for my Bib.Interp class, we have an assignment this week where we have to "fast" something (a-la lent). We had to pick something at the start of this week, and I couldn't think of anything to fast that would be difficult for me, so I choose to not watch any TV/movies for a week.
Poor life choice.
I usually turn something on while I'm writing a lesson plan or doing math/psych homework, since I work best when multi-tasking. So I'm having a hard time feeling motivated to do any homework at the moment...I just keep thinking that I'm really in the mood to watch Lost or Arrested Development. Or Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Or Glee (season 1, I'm still iffy on this season. And there was a new episode tonight. But I shan't see it till Friday at least)
Then again, I'm sure this "fast" exercise is doing it's job in that I am missing what I gave up. I just thought it would be like "oh look, with what I gave up I can focus on God more." Instead, I'm naturally being drawn into trying to procrastinate more than I normally do. Which is taking more effort and creative thought then actually just doing my homework would.
I'm doing useless things like making Scott-Pilgrim-Avatars (probably why I feel like watching it), making playlists, or trying to write. I'm not even being cool enough to try to knit.
I had 2 cups of hot cocoa, 2 1/2 chocolate chip cookies, and 4 cups of coffee tonight, and it actually made me act a bit loopy and hyper. So then I thought "maybe I should have given up coffee for a week", but I've totally done that before and I've hardly noticed. Unless I had a lot of late nights. Or I gave it up on purpose. Maybe that's the hard thing about fasting/lent. You give it up on purpose, so you just keep thinking about what you're denying yourself. I don't think a week is long enough for a fast to really do its job then. I don't know what I'm talking about really.
I'm just proving my point that I'm in extreme procrastination mode.
No comments:
Post a Comment