This is officially my 100th post. Because I know ya'll were wondering how many posts I've done. *eye roll*
Anyway, my purpose behind this post is to simply say that I've had a pretty marvelous day. Last night, I was actually able to sleep, and I was completely dead to the world. I woke up at 8am, actually feeling ready to get up, which meant I had enough time to get ready and go to chapel. I put on my grey sweater, blue&grey striped Ravenclaw-ish scarf, dirigible plum earrings, etc. and got a London Fog to drink during small group time.
I then went to class, got out of class early, took a shower, and decided to go to the ACSI convention. Upon arriving at the Anaheim convention center, however, I realized that parking was $12, which I wasn't in the mood to pay, since I had only been planning on being there for about an hour. I drove around a while, trying to find a place to park and walk from. So I was feeling stressed, and then was struck with an inspiring thought. I turned around, and went to Disneyland.
There was Christmas music playing, and decorations up everywhere. I walked around, and was surprised to find that I would actually be happy to just wander around Disneyland by myself for the rest of the day. There was something relaxing and calming about knowing that I could really truly do whatever I wanted. Something wonderful about the fact that no one was going to interrupt me with their own agenda. It really felt like I was on a retreat. But without the annoying time impositions.
I continued walking around, went on The Haunted Mansion, was hit on once and checked out 3 times, and then I returned to school. Now I'm just waiting to go to dinner, get the first peppermint mocha of the year at Starbucks, and see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (pt 1).
There's something calming about being able to not be responsible to other people. No pressures, no constraints, no tense feelings. Now, if certainly wouldn't be healthy for me to be irresponsible and alone all the time, but I do think it's extremely healthy to do so every once in a while. Today has been lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment