Sunday, December 13, 2009

Songs...define me?

This is just a list of songs that my friends have said remind them of me, or seem to fit my personality/life. I'll star the ones that would be 'me singing', as opposed to being sung about. Probably unnecessary, especially since this whole post is unnecessary, but I feel like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Black Roses Red - Alana Grace*
"As twisted as it seems, I only feel love when it's in my dreams. (So let in the morning light and let the darkness fade away.) Can you turn my black roses red?"

Beautiful Mess - Jason Mraz
"You got the best of both worlds, you're the kind of girl who can take down a man and lift him back up again. You are strong, but you're needy. Humble, but you're greedy. And based on your body language, and shoddy cursive I've been reading: your style is quite selective, though your mind is rather reckless...what a beautiful mess this is. It's like picking up trash in dresses."

All for Love - Serena Ryder*
"Oooh, I'm all for love. But I can't see the light. Tell me how to do it, tell me how I'm gonna get it right. I'm all for love, but I'm tryin' again. I don't wanna give up, cause I'm all for love."

The Guy that Says Goodbye - Griffin House
"You don't need to change, a thing about you babe. I'm telling you, from where I sit, you're one of a kind. Relationships, I don't know why they never work out and they make you cry, but the guy that says goodbye to you is out of his mind."

Here We Go Again - Demi Lovato*
"I tell everyone that we got through, cause I'm so much better without you. But it's just another pretty lie, cause I break down every time you come around...hard as I try I know I can't quit, something about you is so addictive...here we go again."

Breaking - Anberlin
"Who was it that led you on and made you want to hurt me so? Who do you want to forget, who forgot you long ago? ... you make breaking hearts look so easy, seems like you've done this before."

Tiffany Blews - Fall Out Boy
"Oh baby, you're a classic, like a little black dress. But you'll be faded soon, stuck on a little hot mess."

Brick by Boring Brick - Paramore
"She lives in a fairy tale, somewhere too far for us to find. Forgotten the taste and smell of a world that she's left behind. It's all about the exposure, the lens, I told her. The angles were all wrong, now she's ripping wings off of butterflies. (Keep your feet on the ground when your head's in the clouds.) Well, go get your shovel, and we'll dig a deep hole to bury the castle, to bury the castle."

Stay Close, Don't Go - Secondhand Serenade
"If you leave me tonight, I'll wake up alone...Don't leave me tonight, this heart of stone will sink till it dies, if you leave me tonight. Sometimes I stare at you while you are sleeping; I listen to your breathing, amazed how I somehow managed to sweep you off of your feet girl, your perfect little feet, girl. I took for granted what you do. But I'll do better, I know, baby, I can do better."

Almost Lover - A Fine Frenzy*
"Your fingertips across my skin, the palm trees swaying in the wind - images. You sang me Spanish lullabies, the sweetest sadness in your eyes. Clever trick. Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy. I thought you'd want the same for me...We walked along a crowded street, you took my hand and danced with me - images...you told me you would never let me forget these images....I cannot go to the ocean, I cannot drive the streets at night, I cannot wake up in the morning, without you on my mind. So you're gone and I'm haunted, and I bet you are just fine. Did I make it that easy to walk right in and out of my life? Goodbye my almost lover, goodbye my hopeless dream. I'm trying not to think about you, can't you just let me be? So long, my luckless romance, my back is turned on you. Should've known you'd bring me heartache, almost lovers always do.


No comments: