Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thinking Of You...?

I'll admit that I'm a hopeless romantic.

And, actually, I don't know how much of a 'good thing' that is.

Because I can't ever seem to find anything that works.

At times I even have found myself wondering where the ''better man'' is.

And the thing that may be hard to grasp or seem weird is that I am totally in love with someone. I just haven't met that someone yet. ('I know that we can be so amazing, and baby your love is gonna change me..') At the same time, I'm usually wondering if this prince charming of mine really exists. And usually doubting that he does.

I am absolutely overjoyed for my friends who have found their matches, (trust me, I really really am happy for them, and they are all really cute couples) but at the same time, it can be hard to watch. I mean, we're in our 20's, and this is the time of life when most people are getting hitched up. So I start to feel a little left out and, well, lonely. I know, I'm young. I shouldn't be worrying about this or be upset. I spent my younger life believing that you found your prince charming when you were 16 - just like the Disney princesses. Even as I grew older, I still held that expectation that you at least would be dating someone at 16 and that you'd get kissed then. So, as far as my life plan goes, my prince is running really really late. If he's even coming at all.
('Romeo save me, I've been feeling so alone...')

But at the same time, people don't know a lot about me (unless they really try to talk to me and get to know me) because I put up walls, afraid of letting someone see everything, and falling in love, only to have them change their mind and leave me for a better girl.

I have met some great, very gentlemanly guys. Seriously. I'm not saying all guys are total jerks. But, I would appreciate it if, just maybe, a guy could see me for everything that I am. Not just see me as "smart" and get annoyed because I listen to pop music (along with Jazz, Rock & Country) and adore Juicy Couture. I also don't want the guy who's only compliment is "you're so beautiful". Let's say, for argument's sake, that I am beautiful. You do realize that there's this thing called "aging", right? It's been going on for a while. It tends to leave people with wrinkles and sagging skin and grey hair.

So here I am, alone, in the tower. Daydreaming about someone that may not exist and meanwhile, putting up walls because I'm afraid of ''prince charming'' turning out to be another black knight. So, my Charming prince, 'when I'm with him, I am thinking of you'. I am madly in love with you, but it'd help if you could prove that you really exist.

No comments: