Saturday, February 6, 2010

Talking About Movies With My Roommate....

...Who Has A Tendency to Say Things Without Thinking.

Beth: Have you seen Gone With the Wind?
Me: Yes! It's one of my favorite movies. After I read the book, I liked it even more.
Beth: It was a book? How big was it?

Me: What do you think about Humphrey Bogart films?
Beth: I haven't seen any...well, was he in Charade? With Hepburn?
Me: Charade doesn't really count as a "Humphrey Bogart Film"...The Big Sleep?
Beth: I've never even heard of that!
Me: Okay, what about Katharine Hepburn?
Beth: *blank stare*

Me: Hitchcock is probably scarier than a movie that shows everything, especially if you let your imagination run wild on filling in the blank spaces.
Beth: I've never seen a Hitchcock movie...or all of one anyway. Just bits and pieces. Well, maybe I saw one, but I don't remember what it was...
Me: Vertigo?
Beth: Vertigo is a Hitchcock movie?

Me: ...and you have to love Jimmy Stewart,..
Beth: Of course. Well, wait. I don't really like him.
Me: What? You have seen It's A Wonderful Life, right?
Beth: Yea..I don't like him all that much.
Me: *mixed shock, confusion, and horror*

Me (talking to myself): I need to see Citizen Cane, Dial M for Murder, East of Eden...hmm I want to read the book too.
Beth: East of Eden was a book?

Me: Some days, I feel like you're just going to burst out saying, "P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney!"
Beth: haha, I can see that. "Es-Cap-Ay"
Me: Every time I hear that, I think "Fra-Gee-Lay"
Beth: What's that from?
Me: A Christmas Story?
Beth: Oh I haven't seen that since I was a freshman.
Me: And you don't remember it?
Beth: Well, in Hoodwinked you have "Din-A-Meet-Ay"
*Silence*
Beth: Every time I laugh now, my tongue sticks out of my mouth.

Me: What's an animal that can't see very well, but isn't like super blind?
Beth: A bat. Or a mole.
Me: I think a bat can see way better than a mole!
Beth: Well, how would I know that?
Me: Because you read The Wind in The Willows! Wait, that has nothing to do with bats...
Beth: Wait, did you say I read something?


*She actually knew that Gone with the Wind & East of Eden were books. And that Vertigo is a Hitchcock movie. She just didn't realize it.

No comments: